Monday, October 30, 2006
2. YOUR MOVIE STAR NAME: (grandfather/grandmother on your moms side, your favorite candy) Thelma Snickers
3. YOUR "FLY Guy/Girl" NAME: (first initial of last name, first three letters of your middle name) N. Reb
4. YOUR DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Green Dog
5. YOUR SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) Rebecca Frederickburg
6. YOUR STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name, first 2 letters of mom's maiden name and first 3 letters of the town you grew up in.) Nowkecowoo
7. SUPERHERO NAME: ("The", your favorite color, favorite drink) The Green Dr. Pepper
8. NASCAR NAME: (the first name of both your grandfathers) John Davis
9. FUTURISTIC NAME: ( the name of your favorite perfume/cologne and the name of your favorite shoes) Amazing Grace Converse
10.WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother/father's middle name ) Lee Randolph
Saturday, October 21, 2006
This pair is from Knit Picks Yarn....
This pair is from Regia Bamboo...
Here is the Hot Socks Swap I received. My swap partner was so good to me....she sent: 5 skeins of Koigu, a booklet of Koigu patterns, handmade stitch markers, a chocolate bar, a canister of hot cocoa mix, a hot cocoa mug with matching spoon, a double-pointed needle, and a gorgeous card. I felt like it was Christmas!
My current pair of sock on the needles are Cherry Tree Hill in the Fall Foliage colorway....
And finally here is some yarn I recently received....Cherry Tree Hill in Monet, Spunky Eclectic in Chocolate Covered Cherry and Neopolitan (and she included some cute Halloween stickers)!
I am waiting on an order of Lisa Souza yarn (Joseph's Coat, LimeNViolet, and What-a Melon. And I am a recent Lime & Violet podcast listener -- I love them!
I am so excited that I will be going to my first Knitting Group tomorrow night! Will post all about it!
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Actress - Kate Winslet
Animal - Dog
Band - Evanescence
Book - It's too hard to pick just one!
Bubble Bath - I don't like bubble bath
Candy - Anything milk chocolate, but I love Rolos
Color - Green
Drink- Maple Macchiato at Starbucks
Flower - Daisy
Food - Pizza
Lip Balm - Burt's Bee's
Lotion - Bath and Body Works Pecan Passion
Movie - Four Weddings and a Funeral
Place- Washington DC and surrounding area....
Song - right now...Softly Before I Scream by Tristan Prettyman
TV Show - ER
Yarn- I am loving the Cherry Tree Hill I am working with now...
Vacation Spot - Outer Banks, NC.
Thursday, October 12, 2006
Saturday, October 07, 2006
When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
I started making socks May 2006...my goal for summer break was to learn how to knit socks! I learned form Silver's Sock Tutorial online....and have read many book since then.
What was your first pair? How have they "held up" over time?
My first pair of socks are pictured below (I do have the pair, just took pics of one for some reasoon). Since I live in Floridas and I amde them on May and it is only October (and the high today was 88), I haven't even worn them yet!
What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
I love Opal and I have some Austermann Step in the stash as well as Trekking XXL and others....I am currently using Regia Bamboo and it is so soft!
Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
I knit them on 2 circs...would love to do 2 at once, but haven't mastered that yet! I learned using DPNs, but I prefer 2 circs as it is faster for me (especially with my Addi Turbos!)
Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
I like the heel flap (but I have never done short-row, so that could change).
How many pairs have you made?
I have completed 5 pairs (3 for myself, one for mom, and one for Sock Wars) and the pair on the needles should be done in a few days!
Monday, October 02, 2006
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a circular needle holder that hangs up, my Addi's are in their original bags, I need something for my straights....
3.How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting for about a year. I learned from the Stich n Bitch book and knittinghelp.com so I am self-taught. I consider myself to be between beginner and intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Not at this time.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) I am allergic to anything raspberry scented and also allergic to plumeria and eucalyptus. I like dessert scents, like pumpkin pie, coffee, maple....
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes! I love anything chocolate(except dark chocolate) and I also love maple stuff,,,
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I sew Waldorf dolls and I scrapbook and make cards with rubber stamps
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love Jason Mraz (but I think I have all of his work)...big fan of John Mayer (again I have most of his stuff) and broadway musicals....also like Evanescence...I have an iPod with me always!
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? Faves are green, pink, brown, orange, blue....Id on;t really have a nonfavorite color....maybe like mustard yellow or olive green...
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married, no kids, one dog
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? lightweight scarves and hats....
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? SOCKS!
13. What are you knitting right now?Socks!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Sure
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I love Addi Turbo Circular needles.....
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? yes, both
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Maybe a few days old....
18. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas and Halloween
19. Is there anything that you collect? Mattel My Child dolls, Anything Muppets or Sesame Street or Peanuts
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Koigu Premium Handpainted Merino for socks!
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? How to knit 2 socks on 2 circular needles at the same time...
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Yes....I wear a US women's size 8....my measurements are pretty standard for that size....
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) 02/11